New family of websites powered by DNN 6
AutoCrafting Solutions in Rochester, New York
The website redesign for AutoCrafting.com was recently completed. We took three existing html based websites and migrated them into a single installation of DNN 6 as "child portals".
DNN (formerly DotNetNuke) is evolving rapidly. DNN has been my "go to" web CMS platform for a few years, and it's getting better with every update.
Here are a few takeaways.
- Portals allow you to host and manage multiple websites under one CMS installation
- MS Office style editor seems to be more intuitive for corporate clients
- Vast library of add-on modules (plugins)
- Scalability for enterprise level websites
- Native blogging engine is not as feature rich as Wordpress
- No single-click updates
- Hosting is a bit more pricey ($20/mo versus $8/mo)
- Skins a.k.a. themes tend to be more "corporate" versus "creative"...but this is slowly changing