Bacon Wrapped Strip Steak
Bacon Wrapped Strip Steaks
My first attempt at cooking bacon wrapped steaks on my propane fueled Weber grill. They turned out great! I started by prepping the steaks. I seasoned them with a bit of salt and pepper. Next, I wrapped each steak with a strip of bacon, securing it with a toothpick.
I grilled them for about 6 minutes on each side until the bacon was crispy and the meat cooked to a medium rare temperature. I removed the steaks from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes to allow the juices to redistribute. Then, I sliced them into thin strips and served them up.
The bacon-wrapped strip steaks were delicious. It was the perfect summertime meal! The bacon added a salty and smoky flavor to the juicy and flavorful meat.
Bacon Wrapped Strip Steak Recipe
These bacon wrapped strip steaks are juicy and flavorful, with a crispy bacon exterior. Perfect for grilling on a hot summer day.Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Keywords: steak, bacon, paleo, low carb, keto, grill
- 4 NY Strip steaks (3/4" thick)
- 1 package of bacon
- Olive oil
- Coat steaks with olive oil.
- Add salt & pepper or desired seasoning.
- Wrap bacon tightly around steaks and fasten strategically with toothpicks.
- Heat grill to 400 degrees.
- Place steaks in middle of grill over direct heat.
- Sear steaks for 5-7 minutes per side. (watch for flare-ups due to bacon grease).
- Move steaks to non-direct heat and cook to for additional 5 minutes or so per side.
- Check steaks for "doneness". (Mine were medium well).
- Remove from grill.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, then remove tooth picks.
- Serve and enjoy.
|Bacon wrapped strip steaks ready for grilling.|
|NY strip steaks wrapped in bacon just hitting the grill.|
|Weber grill set to 400 degrees.|
|Timer set to 7 minute cook time per side.|
|Bacon wrapped steaks ready for consumption along with some BBQ beans.|
I would probably use aluminum foil next time because the bacon does tend to stick to the grill a bit.
No major problems though. How can you go wrong with steak, bacon and beer?
I help run a family-owned web design company located just North of Charlotte, North Carolina. We offer clients web technology consultation and search marketing expertise.