10 Questions Your Web Designer Should Ask YouHere are ten questions I ask as part of the initial sales call and web design project kickoff meeting:
- Who is your target audience?
(b2b, b2c, etc.)
- Where is your target audience located?
(local, regional, national, global)
- Description of your 'typical' client?
(general public, professional, hobbyist, etc.)
- What is the primary goal of your website?
(sell, acquire, inform, etc.)
- Who are your main competitors?
- What marketing are you currently doing?
(tv, radio, web, print ads, etc.)
- What are your branding guidelines?
(logo, colors, typeface, etc.)
- What types of graphic files can you provide? (photos, graphics, icons, etc.)
- Do you have a content author available? (text, articles, social media, etc.)
- Do you have access to your current website analytics data?
Each project is different, but this helps get us on the same page.
For more etailed info, here is my "6D Development Process" for Website Design Projects
(My six step process for designing winning websites)