Bacon Wrapped Strip Steaks
My first attempt at cooking bacon wrapped steaks on my propane fueled Weber grill. They turned out great!
- 4 NY Strip steaks (3/4" thick)
- 1 package of bacon
- Olive oil
How to Cook:
- Coat steaks with olive oil.
- Add salt & pepper or desired seasoning.
- Wrap bacon tightly around steaks and fasten strategically with toothpicks.
- Heat grill to 400 degrees.
- Place steaks in middle of grill over direct heat.
- Sear steaks for 5-7 minutes per side. (watch for flare-ups due to bacon grease).
- Move steaks to non-direct heat and cook to for additional 5 minutes or so per side.
- Check steaks for "doneness". (Mine were medium well).
- Remove from grill.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, then remove tooth picks.
- Serve and enjoy.
|Bacon wrapped strip steaks ready for grilling.|
|NY strip steaks wrapped in bacon just hitting the grill.|
|Weber grill set to 400 degrees|
|Timer set to 7 minute cook time per side.|
|Bacon wrapped steaks ready for consumption along with some BBQ beans.|
I would probably use aluminum foil next time because the bacon does tend to stick to the grill a bit. No major problems though. How can you go wrong with steak, bacon and beer?
Patrick LaJuett operates a website design and marketing agency where he supports his clients as a Web technology consultant and search marketing strategy advisor.